Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dell laptop bursts into flames

I was browsing a forum this afternoon and came across this news..Dell's massive battery recall

"In a move expected to cost Dell USD$300million, Dell will begin a recall of 4 million batteries on its Inspiron, Latitude and Precision laptops, following extensive reports of 'exploding batteries'. Ironically enough, the affected Dell's batteries are alleged to be made by Sony, but there hasn't been word yet if Sony themselves have batteries at risk of exploding."

I clicked on a link that shows some other articles, and I saw something interesting...

I guess it's a guy, his name is Perrey Z., he posted a comment on that site -

"It could be a Mac with a defective battery pack. Although the Chinese love cheapos and statistics show 6-out-of-10-desktops and laptops sold in China are Dell so i guess it's a Dell our should i say a D'Hell." quoted from http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/22/dude-your-dell-is-on-fire/

I am a Chinese and I have 2 Dell Laptops...so..does it mean that I love cheapos?
The statistics show that Dell is making a lot of money.

3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

do make things clear..the chinese here is the those ppl in china and not Chinese in overall. So don't terasa. Dell i assure u is making hell lot of money now and they are planning for a massive expension in China competing with Lenovo. Want to know more? Come ask me

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger ~kimochi~ said...

I know u working for Dell. Didn't know you were their spokesperson also :D
Anyways I also using Dell from "kampung". :D kidding aye.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

eh...i got to know this from one of the people who sits near me leh. and if u like to know more i can tell u la...and im not turning to be one of their spokesperson. no employed to do so :P. so how's your kampung produced lappie progressing? laggging already?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home